Springtime is the perfect time to add that extra layer (and extra style) to any outfit, dressing it up or down. The jean jacket is a classic that will probably never go out of style!! I love layering over a sundress or maxi for a concert, mixing it up with a nicer dress and funky heels, or just adding more layers to a casual tee and sneakers. After lots of searches and reading reviews, here’s my take on on my favorite jackets available in the market right now. I don’t own any of these – yet – but will get my hands on a couple of them soon!
- Distressed Light Denim ($29) from Forever 21 – the standard with a bit of an 80’s feel in the light colored denim.
- Toggle & Loop Denim Jacket from Ralph Lauren ($99.99 on sale) – this one’s got that perfect mix of rustic + preppy.
- Coated Stretch Denim Jacket from Ralph Lauren ($29 super sale, size L only) – Too good a sale to pass up if they still have your size.
- 1969 Denim Trench from Gap ($49.95) – I LOVE this one. The trench style and pleats give it that extra feminine feel.
- 1969 Deconstructed Denim Vest from Gap ($59.95) – wear this one right on into summer, and fall, too.
- Moto Acid Oversized Jacket from Topshop ($85) – super cool in an acid-washed lilac color. Very 80s/90s!
- Carmen Denim Jacket in white from Acquaverde on Revolve.com ($206) – this double buttons and fitted style give this jacket an extra modern look!
- Open Shirt Stained Jacket from The Great on Revolve.com (on super sale for $127) – there’s just something about this one. I’m completely obsessed. It looks like I could absolutely live in this shirt/jacket and never want to take it off.
#6 and #8 are my absolute favorites and will likely be making their way into my closet!! Images below belong to the sites linked.